Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Putting yourself back on your list

You know, as the weeks go by I'm starting to realize that this journey isn't just about weight loss. It's about finding myself, and learning to love what I find. While watching Oprah today (which I'm going to talk about more in tomorrow's post), she said something that really hit home for me. She said how important it is to put yourself back on your list. So that's my tip for today. Put yourself back on your list. Make time for yourself. Make yourself and your well-being a priority. Realize that you're worth a time investment. How many of us make time for our spouse, our children, our family, our careers... but don't make time for ourselves? If I can make it a priority to ensure that my children are eating healthy, balanced meals, why can't I do the same for myself? The answer is I Can, but I just don't make the time to do so, and that needs to stop being acceptable to me.

1 comment: