Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Check-In

It's another Monday. Another week into this crazy ride. It's been a stressful week, but I woke up this morning feeling energized and ready to face the new day. I went out over the weekend and got a new haircut. It's shorter than I've ever had it cut before, and I'm still getting used to it, but I think I like it. It's much cooler for the summer, at least. Today while the baby was napping, I decided to colour it and put in some highlights, too. I usually just colour it close to my natural light brown, but this time around decided to lighten it up a bit for the summer months. Then, since my hair was looking all "gorgeois", as Mia from So You Think You Can Dance would say, I decided to put on some makeup. Now, putting on makeup isn't something I usually find the time to do unless I have plans to go out somewhere (and no, running to the grocery store doesn't usually count). But you know, maybe I should make more of an effort. Just because the kids are the only ones who are going to see me, doesn't mean I shouldn't look good, right?

So then, since I was all made up, I figured today was as good a day as any to set up my lights and try and get a new self-portrait for my photography site and new business cards. And then, since I was taking photos anyway, I invited the kids to jump in and get a few photos with mom. That is something I certainly don't do enough. Being a photographer, it's bad enough that I tend to always be the one behind the camera... but I'm guilty of avoiding being photographed because I don't like the way I look. Really, though, my kids don't care what I look like. They love me regardless, and I would hate for them to look back on their childhood and not have any photos to remind them of how much I loved them.

So, you can see the self-portrait I chose over there on my profile info, and here's me and my boys. That's all for today. Later!



3 comments:

  1. what's up ang! i love the new haircut. i am a fan of the short crop and you are definitely working it! and it's definitely a must-have for the summertime. you have a beautiful family too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thank you for the compliment! I'm getting used to it. The husband likes it, too, so that's a definate plus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little boys and you look great.

    ReplyDelete