Sunday, April 4, 2010

Out of Commission

Sometimes it feels like the universe is conspiring to keep me fat. Why is it that whenever I start to really want to lose weight, when I'm really working hard to make it happen, life always seems to start throwing curve balls my way? Somehow, on Friday night I managed to dislocate my shoulder while I was sleeping! Seriously, how does that even happen, right? Ugh. The pain was/is pretty horrible. I ended up in the ER for 8 hours yesterday, got lots of great drugs for the pain while I was there, x-rays, etc etc. Left with prescriptions for more great drugs, a sling and instructions to not lift anything or do anything that might strain my shoulder for a minimum of 4 days-1week. So there's another week of gym time right out the window *sigh*.

I'm discovering that, for me, anyway, it's really hard to lose weight without exercise, even though I'm being really good with my eating. Look at March, I can count on both hands how many times I was able to work out in March, and I only lost 3 measly pounds. It's almost enough to de-motivate a girl. But, a Facebook friend posted this as her status recently:

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not"

Well, I'm ready to change, and I'm not willing to give up, no matter what life throws at me! I'll do what I need to in order to heal from this injury, and then I'll jump right back in with both feet!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate! Hang in there and don't give up.

    Good luck with your goals *hugs*

    ReplyDelete