Monday, June 15, 2009

The Scale

I haven't had opportunity to post in a few days. It's just been crazy busy, and the baby's been crazy clingy. I had a pretty decent week, though, as far as the whole diet goes. Again, I have no idea where I am on the weight, as I keep forgetting to pick up batteries for the scale. I think I'm having scale withdrawl, actually. I'll admit that when I'm trying to lose weight I have to fight with myself to avoid stepping on the scale every day (or even multiple times a day). Even though I know that those little LCD numbers can very throughout the day, it's like a compulsion. Maybe it has to do with my lack of self-esteem, my need to constantly prove my worth to myself. Somehow, if that number goes down just a little bit, it means something profound. What, exactly? I'm not really sure. That I'm capable of accomplishing? That there really is a skinny person hiding underneath this fat person everyone sees? I think I need a scale intervention. Doyou think they'd let me have chocolate in rehab?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Angie,

    Just keep doing what you're doing. Don't worry about the scale. I have found that if you just focus on your goal, everything else will fall into place. But with the scale, I understand how checking it can become an obsession. I get like that for other things such as subscribers. If I lose one, I'm going crazy trying to figure out what happened. But I'm trying to stop doing that because it makes me less productive. Keep at it. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Do you mean your blog subscribers? I should get on that and subscribe to all the blogs I read. I tend to put them in my bookmarks instead, but it'd be nice to let the bloggers know there's one more person out there reading what they have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ang,

    yeah i was talking about blog subscribers and also others like twitter subscribers.

    i'm realizing that they'll come. i just need to keep doing what i'm doing. you too! ;)

    ReplyDelete