Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fed Up!

I knew I'd lost my motivation. Fallen off the wagon. Jeff's away working out west and I haven't been eating well. Between lack of regular child care (aka Jeff being home, LOL) and the cost of the gym child care (when it wasn't already full by the time I got there with my 3 kids), I ended up never being able to go, and cancelled my membership to avoid wasting the money. What did that amount to? Clothes started being a little tighter. My old jeans were worn out and I had to break down and buy another pair of size 18's. Meanwhile the size 16's I was thisclose to fitting into are still sitting in the drawer. All of this, and I still was feeling lazy and unmotivated and depressed about my weight. I pointedly avoided the scale.

Last week, I finally got up the courage to step back on it, and staring me right in the face was the dreaded number: 200. I'd allowed myself to get back to 200lbs, a place I swore I'd never see again after finally kicking it to the curb last year :( There's just something extra depressing seeing that number start with a 2 instead of a 1.

I knew I needed something that would help keep me motivated, and after looking into a bunch of different diet plans I decided I'm going to try out Nutrisystem. By putting a portion of my weekly grocery budget aside, I'm able to pay for it easily, and they have a great online message board. There's also an active group of Nutrisystem users at 3 Fat Chicks, which I've found to be a great motivation in the past.

As for the exercise, I've downloaded copies of videos of several of my favourite gym classes so that I can do them here at home.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on making the decision to lead a healthier lifestyle, Angie! As you are already aware of, we have a thriving online community, full of members who are always eager to offer up any support or advice that they can, so be sure to take advantage of all the forums, tools and features that we have to offer!

    Also, there are fitness clubs you can join to gather some really helpful exercise tips.

    We can’t wait to hear more regarding your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete