Thursday, January 21, 2010

Making a change: Weight Watchers to Calorie Counting

So last week I decided to make a change and switch from counting Weight Watchers points to simply counting calories. So far it's working out great. My big motivation in switching over was trying to eat on a budget. Because I try to keep our grocery bill as low as possible, I make a lot of casseroles and similar meals that are harder to figure out the points. I have a great digital food scale I bought on sale almost a year ago that gives me the calories of foods as well as the weight, and it's been a great tool on this new calorie counting journey.

Based on a bunch of online calculators, I'm starting out at 1200 calories/day. So far, it's enough that I'm feeling satisfied and not hungry, and I'm still losing weight. I just keep a little notebook with 1200 at the top of each day's page, and I deduct my calories as I eat them.

Working steadily towards my first  mini-goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment